Current Project: “Gabriel, the Musical.” Based on a true story—in 1800 Richmond Virginia, an enslaved blacksmith faces overwhelming forces as he organizes a massive revolution to end slavery.
I composed original lyrics and music for the following musical theatre productions. Click on yellow text titles for a sampling of song videos from those shows.
"A Storybook Christmas"
- A little girl falls into a dream where she is surrounded by characters from Mother Goose nursery rhymes.
- Two hapless angels are in search of the correct "kings" that need directions to Bethlehem.
- The many seasons of a man's life leave him grasping for hope and meaning.
- Santa is depressed from reading letters from selfish kids, so he refuses to make his annual trip.
- A small town's Christmas extravaganza overloads the electric grid -- and the people involved.
- A temporary truce emerges as enemies celebrate Christmas together during World War I .
- A newly arrived immigrant boy and girl face the challenges of 1920's New York City.
- A trip to the Caribbean has islanders and visitors from the mainland celebrating together.
- A 1960's store elf and a lost little boy get a glimpse of the first Christmas.
- Two neighbors in a tacky Christmas house battle are foiled by family consorting with the enemy.